Date of publication: 2017-07-08 22:34
https x8a x7f x7f x7f GradSchoolGVSU https x8a x7f x7f x7f user x7f GradStudiesGVSU https x8a x7f x7f x7f gvsupaces x7f
79. Now it's time to write the last chapter. But what chapter is the last one? My perception is that the last chapter should be the first chapter. I don't really mean this in the literal sense. Certainly you wrote Chapter One at the beginning of this whole process. Now, at the end, it's time to rewrite Chapter One. After you've had a chance to write your dissertation all the way to the end, the last thing you should do is turn back to Chapter One. Reread Chapter One carefully with the insight you now have from having completed Chapter Five. Does Chapter One clearly help the reader move in the direction of Chapter Five? Are important concepts that will be necessary for understanding Chapter Five presented in Chapter One?
Research Basic Modules . (Note: Requires Adobe Flash Player .) A series of Camtasia tutorials by Sara Miller to help undergraduates understand the basics of library research, including:
We prepare teachers who are highly trained, educated, and skilled who are committed to effective education for all students in our society. Get information online or in-person about our exciting teacher-preparation options.
85. Probably the most disorganized defense I've attended is the one where the dissertation director began the meeting by saying, You've all read the dissertation. What questions do you have for the student? What a mess. Questions started to be asked that bounced the student around from one part of the dissertation to another. There was no semblance of order and the meeting almost lost control due to its lack of organization. At that time I vowed to protect my students from falling into such a trap by helping them organize the defense as an educational presentation.
87. Oh, I almost forgot. There's one last thing. Get busy and prepare an article or paper that shares the outcomes of your research. There will be no better time to do this than now. Directly after your defense is when you know your study the best and you will be in the best position to put your thinking on paper. If you put this writing task off it will probably never get done. Capitalize on all of the investment you have made in your research and reap some additional benefit - start writing.
9. Don't begin your thinking by assuming that your research will draw international attention to you!! Instead, be realistic in setting your goal. Make sure your expectations are tempered by:
8. Try not to be overly influenced at this time by what you feel others expect from you (your colleagues, your profession, your academic department, etc.). You have a much better chance of selecting a topic that will be really of interest to you if it is your topic. This will be one of the few opportunities you may have in your professional life to focus in on a research topic that is really of your own choosing.